5 Tips to Remove Wrinkles Naturally
About I week ago, I was having a random conversation with some middle aged women in my spa. They all were sharing their beauty hacks and pro tips, whereby; I grabbed the opportunity of their comfort zone and asked the ladies what do they hate about aging? To my surprise, they all had a unanimous opinion and that was wrinkles. Wrinkles were the biggest concern of these middle age women which is a byproduct of aging.
And it’s not just aging that causes wrinkles. Running my beauty salon in Dubai for almost ten years, I have seen a large number of young women being victims of ruthless wrinkles. Most of these young women are professionals who work throughout the day at the vulnerability of sun damage, dehydration, poor nutrition and sleeplessness. Worst of all, they turn to cosmetics and chemical treatments which are short-term solutions and also bring a lot of side effects.
Mother Nature provides the best remedy so, instead of battling wrinkles with cosmetics and medical procedures, one should give a try to natural remedies.
- Olive Oil Massage
Natural olive oil can help your skin stay soft supple and wrinkle free. Apply a teaspoon of the oil to the face and neck. Gently pat the skin with a paper towel to wipe away any excess oil. Olive oil contains three major antioxidants i.e. vitamin E, polyphenols, and phytosterols. These antioxidants, when topically applied reap following benefits for skin:
- It protects the skin from premature skin aging.
- Vitamin E partly accounts for the anti-aging benefits of olive oil because it helps restore skin smoothness and protects against ultraviolet light.
- It is a natural moisturizer and protects skin in dry weather.
- Olive oil enhances exfoliation and is a general beauty booster.
- Honey and Lemon Massage
Either you add honey to your daily diet or apply it externally, it works wonder. To reap maximum benefits from massage, take honey and lemon juice in an equal amount, apply it on your face and wash off after sometime. This will make your facial skin tight and wrinkle-free and will also remove the tanning.
Another method is to wash your face with warm water and apply honey on your face. Rub gently, and leave it for 10-15 minutes. Then, after washing your face with warm water, rub an ice cube.
Honey Yields following additional benefits
- Honey is naturally anti-bacterial, so it’s great for acne treatment and prevention.
- It is extremely moisturizing and soothing, so it helps create a glow.
- It is full of antioxidants which slow down aging and also clarifies skin because it opens up pores making them easy to unclog.
- Take Steam Baths
You don’t necessarily need to visit a salon for steam baths but a simple apparatus at home can provide the resemblance. You can either use a steamer to steam your face or just fill a bucket with hot water and take steam directly through it covering your face with towel.
Benefit of face steaming is that it helps fight ageing. With the growing age, the dead skin doesn’t come out thus making you look dull and old which causes wrinkles.
- Steaming your face is good as it moistens the face, treats dry skin, tightens the skin, fights ageing and removes dead skin.
- The steam bath is best for muscle relaxation and skin detoxification.
- Aloe Vera
Aleo Vera fights all signs of aging and gives you skin a fresh and light tone. Simply cut an aloe vera leaf from the plant and extract its gel. Apply the fresh gel onto your skin and leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes. Wash it off with lukewarm water.
- The aloe vera plant contains malic acid that helps reduce wrinkles by improving the elasticity of your skin.
- As your skin ages, it tends to get drier and loses its elasticity. This makes it more susceptible to wrinkles and fine lines. Aloe moisturizes the skin, and it also helps remove dead cells.
- Incorporate Deep Breathing Exercise
A deep breathing exercise or yoga in the early morning is an easy way for fighting wrinkles. By improving the supply of oxygen, and nutrients to all parts of the body, short deep breathing exercises help the body’s metabolism and fight the wrinkles in following ways:
- Enhances a person’s complexion markedly, by improving skin tone.
- Deep breathing helps create beautiful skin at any age by relaxing the body and reducing feelings of stress.
- Moderate exercise helps nourish cells and keeps them vital by increasing blood flow.
For above treatments to work more effectively, there are two pre-requisites as well. First is to drink lots of water to keep your body hydrated and secondly, don’t compromise on your sleep as skin repairs itself while you are asleep. All of the above mentioned home remedies are more far more effective than chemical aesthetics so, it’s time to say good bye to wrinkles and say hello to beautiful skin.